Major Responsibilities: Provide electrical design, technical analysis and /or resolution of engineering problems for RF and millimeter wave hardware. Supervise subordinate engineers and designers. Provide coordination of engineering project members to compete engineering projects.
Typical Duties & Expectations:
- Developing RF hardware including amplifiers, frequency converters, and transceivers
- Supporting development of system architecture
- RF circuit design analysis and PWB layout
- Deriving RF hardware design requirements from system level specifications
- Analyze complex engineering problems and offer effective resolutions
- Coordination of activities between the cross-functional team and design team that facilitates creation, review, and release of Product Requirements, and Design Specifications.
- Review of product documentation for accuracy including documentation intended for customer use.
- Review and evaluation of product design through informal and formal design reviews as well as through design verification test plans and reports.
- Evaluation of product non-conformances and recommendation of design modifications.
- Mentoring engineers and technicians
|· Personal Computer||· Circuit simulation software|
|· Microsoft Office||· PWB layout software|
|· Microsoft Visio||· MRP software|
|· Sage Quantum (Accounting)|
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 years of related experience
- Must have experience as a project lead on complex, multi-discipline engineering design
- RF and mixed-signal experience for 500 MHz to 110 GHz required
- Experience testing and debugging hardware using common RF test equipment (spectrum analyzers and network analyzers)
- Demonstrated experience with managing requirements, maintaining budgets, Performing detailed analysis, component selection, schematic creation, and supporting build/test of RF/Millimeter wave components and subsystems.
- Ability to meet project deadlines and exceed key performance indicators
- Ability to perform under pressure and excellent time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required, with the ability to prepare written specifications and contract documents.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret level DoD security clearance preferred
- Frequently lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Climb stairs
- Sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
- Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects
Job Type: Full-time